Terms and Conditions
The AQUALEX/PESCALEX online materials (and included software, documentation such as READMEs, or other related items) are provided by the copyright holders under the following license. By obtaining, using and/or copying this work, you (the licensee) agree that you have read, understood, and will comply with the following terms and conditions.
- By leasing PESCALEX material from AMC Ltd and/or its partners, the user is deemed to consent to all terms and conditions below. Click on the “I accept” box below.
- AMC Ltd. reserves the right at all times to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of the terms on the AQUALEX, PESCALEX and MARINE POLLUTION glossaries in English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Galician, Turkish or in any future translations
- All AQUALEX/PESCALEX material contained in and published on the AMC and partnership websites, is copyright of AMC Ltd. and its partners and is intended for the non-commercial use of the user.
- The licensee may not: (i) permit other individuals to use the Software; (ii) modify, translate, reverse, engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based upon the AQUALEX/PESCALEX materials; (iii) copy the AQUALEX/PESCALEX materials(except for back-up purposes); (iv) resell, rent, lease, transfer, or otherwise transfer rights to the AQUALEX/PESCALEX materials.
- This license does not grant the licensee any rights to future enhancements or updates to the Software, nor any support services.
- Title, ownership, rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the AQUALEX/PESCALEX materials shall remain with AMC Ltd and its contracted project consortia partners.
- The content of the AQUALEX/PESCALEX materials is protected by copyright pursuant to Irish and European Union copyright laws, international conventions and other copyright laws. The licensee is specifically prohibited from modifying, publishing, transmitting, selling, participating in the transfer or sale or reproducing, creating derivative works from, distributing, performing, displaying or in any way exploiting any of the AQUALEX/PESCALEX materials or materials relating thereto in whole or in part without prior consent of AMC Ltd and its contracted project consortia partners.
- The licensee may download or copy material for use, but the copyright therein shall be maintained by AMC Ltd. and its contracted project consortia partners, and anything reproduced remains copyright of AMC. Ltd. and its contracted project consortia partners.
- AMC Ltd. and its contracted project consortia partners exclude any warranty, express or implied as to the quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the material on licensee websites and will not be liable for any claims, penalties, loss, damages or expenses arising from the use or the inability to use material on licensee websites, or from any unauthorised access or alteration of same.
- AMC Ltd. makes no warranty that the contents of the AQUALEX/PESCALEX materials on licensee websites are compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
- AMC Ltd. reserves the right to sell the AQUALEX glossary to other parties without the approval of its partners or the licensee. Commercialisation of the AQUALEX product remains solely under AMC Ltd authorization.
- The AMC Ltd partnership (its contracted project consortia partners) reserves the right to add to or change the terms of this agreement. It is the licensee’s responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing the AQUALEX/PESCALEX materials.
- The licensee will take all necessary steps to prevent access or downloading of the AQUALEX/ PESCALEX database.
- This License Agreement shall be terminated automatically if the licensee fails to comply with the limitations described in this license. No notice shall be required from the AMC Ltd. partnership to effectuate such termination.
- These terms and conditions of use shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with Irish and European Law. The Courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matter arising there from.
The name and trademarks of copyright holders may NOT be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to the software without specific written prior permission. Title to copyright in this software and any associated documentation will at all times remain with copyright holders.